Friday 26 August 2016

Hate seeming ungrateful but.........


.......Hubby bought me a new phone for my birthday.

It actually didn't arrive in time so I had a photo of it stuck inside my card.

Bit of an extravagance I thought as apart from a bit of a memory shortage my phone was fine. I'm not on a contract so no free upgrades which I've always liked, hate the changing for changing sake.

When it did eventually arrive I couldn't just move my sim across as the new phone needed a different size. Hubby got onto the Vodafone helpline and after they'd checked all security questions with me he was on there for ages and finally they promised the new sim would arrive by the following Tuesday.

The new phone is bigger (awkward for popping in a jeans pocket which I mostly do) and the outside is really slippy (awkward for in and out of my bag (I've ordered a silicone back cover which hasn't arrived yet)!

While we were waiting we did some data transfer with a Google app which mostly worked but not straightforward. Couldn't really test it out without the sim though. So many passwords to remember or reset. Then of course my old phone and tablet were objecting as passwords had been changed!

The following Friday we replayed the whole Vodafone helpline thing again as the sim hadn't arrived, we also realised that as I'm on pay-as-you-go that service isn't free and my credit was going down too fast, however they promised the new sim had now been ordered and would be with us by the following Tuesday!

Phew it did arrive and it has seemed like a fiddle-fart-about every time I pick up the phone. All the ringtones and notifications were wrong, it did when it shouldn't and didn't when it should have. It hadn't imported my contacts so lots of time tethering but the old phone was short on memory so it struggled.

That led on to us checking the tariff I'm on and seems the cost of texting on Vodafone is the most expensive unless you top up and earn their freebie package regularly! Oh the hassle I see ahead if I change provider and need to move my number!

So the old phone is now switched off and I'm using the new one. I will get used to it. Oh note to self, still need to Bluetooth it to the car!
.

No comments: