Saturday 4 June 2016

Definitely No Ugly.....


The Good.....
FriendHM has just had a big birthday and her family had made her a surprise bbq party and I was asked to spread the word amongst her friends but as it was Bank Holiday Monday they were all busy so just Hubby and I went. She was suitably surprised.

The Bad......
FriendDJ is now back at home, but as he lives in a first floor flat with no lift he may not be strong enough again to leave it. The hospital forecast he has about two months left to live. He told me he had six more model plane kits to make and he's not going till they are done, I replied "if that's what it takes I'll buy you more"!

Art group this week were just five of us. So hard to get new members!

After art we always go to a large lorry park where there is restaurant, bar and live music. We've just heard it had been sold, now all worried that the live music part will change, hope it doesn't.

The weather has been too cold, too wet and too windy for me to do any gardening. My clever strawberry planter that I made went over in the storms and we had to rescue the pots but dismantle the stack, never mind.

The Entertaining........
When Hubby and I arrived at friendsN&T for our lunch date they had a power cut from the overnight storms, so no cuppa first just straight out to the pub, they were closed and the sign on the door said they were flooded, second pub sign on the door said power cut and finally when we sat down in the third pub they said slight delay as they've only just got the power back on. Totally worth the wait, the food was delicious, think we'll go straight there next time.

BFriendM cooked for us all Wednesday night specially for friendHM and friendDJ's birthdays, of course DJ couldn't come. A lovely evening :-)

The Hilarious......
Had a shock then a giggle the other night as I was driving away very late from our night out when from inside the glove box my satnav, which had been switched off, suddenly started giving me directions home! 😨

Which reminded me, I've also had it fall off the dashboard at the start of a journey I didn't really need it for so left it silent on the floor, then got myself 20 miles away got slightly lost and recovered then just as I pulled into the pub car park a voice loudly announces "you have reached your destination" hahaha

The Long Wait........
More than six weeks ago Hubby was referred by the GP to Dermatology and about three weeks ago my GP sent a referral for me to Nephrology. Because we are about to go on holiday I thought I'd chase and give the hospital our holiday dates. They told me I had at least another 18-20 weeks before getting an appointment. Hubby's referral wasn't even there! Rang the surgery and they are chasing up both.

Also waiting to hear from sisterS about the birth of her first grandchild, any minute now!

The Experiment.......
Because of the hospital referral delay I asked for a GP to phone me as I was in too much pain to wait and convinced it's a side effect of bp pills. GP phoned and agreed to change pills yet again and read everything to see what I can take but whatever they give me is totally trial and error! Watch this space for results (and keep all your fingers crossed).

Back to physio this week and he and I agreed that it's best now to see if the prescription change does the trick and with the holiday coming up we didn't make another appointment he'll leave it to me to rebook when I need to.
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

All fingers crossed so much it is difficult to type. Hard to read friendDJ is unlikely to leave flat but glad he was out of hospital so quickly. Maybe you should hide crucial parts from the plane kits as well as making sure limitless stock. Very sad.

Hope you get your meds sorted - all so complicated.

Hope you have a lovely holiday. X

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thank you. Holiday and quality time with family will be best medicine :-) xx