Sunday 31 May 2015

Fairy tale wedding......


My best-friendM's daughter has just got married. She has always been a very girly girl (I've known her since she was about five years old) so none of us were surprised that she had a truly fairy tale wedding where she looked like the fairy princess  ☺

The wedding itself was held in Italy on the romantic Amalfi Coast, for immediate family and bridesmaids, best man etc and we've seen the photos showing it all as wonderful as they all said it was.


Bride and Groom were away for 10 days and I cat-sat for them going round to feed him and have a chat, every morning and putting his evening meal in a clever dish with a timer that keeps the food fresh until the lid pops open 12 hours later. I even got him to dress up on their wedding day, but it seems food was more important than posing for a good photo.


I was quite pleased with the card I made them.

And yesterday was the UK celebration party. I drove there with Hubby and picked up friendH and friendDJ.

The evening was another magical event where the venue had draped fabric ceiling and purple lighting to match the table decorations and balloons. There were hearts confetti and sayings about love scattered over the tables with candles and tubes of bubbles too. There was champagne brought round for the toast to the happy couple, a very full buffet table and a table full of pick-n-mix sweets to help yourself to including little sweety bags.  The wedding cake was four tier and surrounded by cupcakes too.  I gave my friend a hand cutting up the bottom tier and handing it around (we both got very sticky).

It was lovely meeting up with all of BfriendM's extended family including children, grandchildren, sisters, nieces, nephews, partners and babies. I even got the chance to say another thank you to one of my nurses from nearly two years ago who this time was a bridesmaid.

It turned out that of our usual crowd it was the women staying sober to drive home so it was no surprise that these four stuck together right near the bar in a musketeer fashion of all-for-one-and-one-for-all drinking session.
The bar is holding them upright!

Tomorrow the very happy newlyweds are off on their honeymoon and I'm back on cat feeding duty for the next 16 days. 
.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely :-).

I was on cat feeding duty once for a friend and I forgot! Cat was ok though. It had been left a lot of dried food and had access to the outside.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Oops! I've attached a yellow flower badge to their key and leave it on the hall shelf by the front door so I keep seeing it to remind me.