Thursday 16 January 2014

I'm a hooker.....


I've been a knitter for as long as I can remember but have never really got to grips with crochet......but this time I've done my own thing (no pattern) and kept it all to just single stitch and made a whole very useful item!


I had ordered some handbag pockets insert thingies to use as Christmas presents, but they never arrived in time. So when they finally did arrive I put two away for future birthday gifts and kept one for my self.


The idea is that you keep all your stuff in this permanent liner and can then change your handbag in an instant.......so I just had to order some more wool :-)


This is the colour scheme of the one I'm working on now.


And yesterday I quickly upcycled some jeans. Think I'll increase the fringing a bit on the front flap.



2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, well done on the hooking! I love the bag insert idea - it would be perfect for a range of handmade bags.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Hannah. The instant handbag swapping is proving great fun. Such a clever idea and with material scraps could be homemade too, but if you google Handbag Organisers there are loads of places selling them.