Wednesday 31 July 2013

Medical day.....


Yesterday I had physio on my knee again in the morning. Felt really daft going out in shorts and a mac as it was pouring with rain. Not really sure if her deep massages and the exercises I'm (mostly) doing twice a day are helping at all. But we will persevere as I'm seriously hoping it's not cartilage damage.

In the afternoon I'd been booked to have a follow up ultrasound on a long forgotten lump found in/on my kidney back in 2007. Actually this was another amazing quick response from the NHS as my doctor only requested this a week ago!

So in the hour after getting home from physio I needed to have lunch and drink at least 2pints of water so as to have a full bladder for the scan an hour after that. By the time I left home I was wriggling quite a bit and I have to say the 20min drive was so full of speed humps and potholes and heavy rain with wipers going front and back windows that it wasn't surprising that no sooner I'd parked and ran through the rain to the medical centre I carried on running straight for the loo ahhhh ;-)  Then back out in the rain to the car to retrieve another bottle of water which I downed while waiting my turn. The lovely lady I saw (are they called radiographers like those that do xrays?) said not to worry, she'll manage. A relief to get it over with in so many ways!
.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Your story reminded me of travelling to ultrasound appointments when pregnant - they kept you waiting for hours and sent you back out into the waiting room with a jug full of ribena if your bladder wasn't full enough!
I hope you get the results you want from both things. I have had some very good results from physio in the past.

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Hannah. Keeping fingers crossed, thankfully legs crossed no longer needed. Oh yes memories of the pregnancy scans.....but that's another story ha ha ha

Michelle said...

Yes - also hoping all ok. x

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Thanks Michelle x