Friday 26 April 2013

Is he my new boyfriend....


On weekdays Hubby and I are usually out independently, both busy but separate. Every two weeks after our art group my friends and I go to Olive's bar on the A14. It was set up as a lorry park with facilities for lorry drivers but soon became well known and well used for the good food in its restaurant served 24 hours a day. They also have a large bar area and Thursday nights is live music (some better than others).

We are not the only group of friends to go there regularly so we get used to seeing the same faces and we have watched many changes in other people's relationships, often assuming that someone we had seen on their own for a very long time had now found love when seen on the dance floor with a new partner, of course it could be just a new dance partner.

Well because last week I didn't have my own car for art, hubby dropped me off then came to Olive's bar for a pint and to take me home. This Thursday we decided to go to Olive's bar again even though it wasn't an art night, because they had our favourite duet performing and their bookings never seem to coincide with art nights. Seven of us met there early to eat a yummy carvery first and hubby came with. So now I'm wondering if the other regulars who don't know us well enough to be introduced, think the man I was slow dancing with is my new boyfriend rather than my husband of nearly 40 years!
.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Keep them guessing!!

Michelle said...

Love it :-)

MumB / @mumbosh said...

Woman of mystery that's me lol