Sunday 18 July 2010

A sunny, yummy, chatty, baby cuddling, munching, laughing, hugging day....I'm exhausted!!!

So lovely to see everyone and the sun never stopped shining :o)

Sister S and her lot got here early (as usual) and I hadn't even showered yet, but with family it doesn't matter. Niece V brought her boyfriend that we were meeting for the first time and he seemed really nice. Very tall which is always funny as our family are particularly short and Sister S is the shortest of all so was telling us what a shock it was when she met him for the first time. We are a mad bunch when we get together but he managed to cope with us so he got the thumbs up from me!

My darling daughter and her lot arrived next. They should have been late arrivals but they had been camping for the past 3 days not sleeping much and Olympian had County Squad training this morning so they were all up early for the hour drive to get there but she ended up too exhausted to do the full session so they pulled her out and came home. Darling daughter still managed to arrive with a box full of Gluten/Wheat free cakes she had baked last night, while unpacking all their camping stuff.

Then came nieces and nephews with great nieces and great nephews too many to name plus a dog. Closely followed by Sister P and her husband plus their dog too.

Hubby manned the BBQ and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but when everyone said they were full to bursting I realised I'd bought far too much food as usual, but will never admit that to hubby who had said so three shopping lists before!

So with tired children, those that have school tomorrow and two that fly to Egypt on holiday in the morning but haven't packed yet, they all gradually left. Hubby went bowling and after a bit more clearing up I'm now on the lounger in the garden with a mug of tea and my laptop.

I'll sleep well tonight :o)

No comments: