Saturday 16 January 2010

Has anyone mentioned the snow?

Well it has been the most reported UK weather for the past month that I can remember. The last couple of rainy days has almost washed it all away - but not quite - so I've been able to open my front door and look at snow for over a month!

For me personally I have been stuck in my car on the A14 for two hours because of lorries not being able to get over the bridge in the very sudden and very heavy snow fall. That night ended with me sleeping at friends and heading home the next day. Another night we were out and hubby was driving and the icy slippery road led to us bumping into the car that had bumped into the lorry that had skidded on a roundabout and narrowly missed bumping some oncoming traffic. Thankfully no-one was hurt and no real damage done.

But have to say that daily I thanked circumstances that I didn't have to try to get to work each day and could just curl up on the sofa in the warm with my book.
.

No comments: