Friday 13 November 2009

Truly laid back me...

Had a problem with my car last week. The clutch died, but it was sort of convenient as it managed to last until I was in a small shopping centre car-park so I just had to walk about 20 mins to get back to Olympian at gymnastics, then arranged for a friend who lived nearby and was also going out with us in the evening to collect me, have our night out, and also take me home afterwards, so didn't need to stand and wait for the RAC until the following morning...........and would you believe it, I'd broken down right outside a Subway coffee shop, so Hubby and I could sit in the warm drinking coffee while we waited. Poor thing had to be towed to a garage who said it can't be done in a day (sounded expensive)! It actually took them a whole week as they were so busy and the final charge of £250 wasn't as bad as I'd expected either.

Have to say a big thank you to our wonderful neighbours who lent me their car for my Sunday night out and to my BestFriendM who drove on our Tuesday night out and to Hubby of course who took me to collect the car and even paid the bill.
.

No comments: